This blog will detail the day-to-day events of this research project, as it unfolds. Several people have expressed an interest in following the project, and this journal should allow them to do so.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

20051206.1258

20051206.1258

Looking out the office window right now, I see the mountain across the fjord lit up in shades of pink against a baby blue sky. The sun is just crossing the horizons these days, and soon there won’t be any sun at all. On my side of the fjord, just a sliver of the top of the valley is illuminated. The sliver glows various shades of pink while the valley wall beneath shows different depths of blue. Very cold air settled in last night, and a heavy fog hangs low in the valley. My house would have almost no visibility, but the university is higher than that so the air is crystal clear, with the fog bank below. Not much wind to speak of, but enough that the fog flows gently down the fjord toward the arctic ocean.

Comment received via email:

The world is lots of little places. Most of them are "home" to someone and things are done there as they are remembered. It is a joy to hear of this one. It is a pleasure to have it seen through eyes I can see and hear of it in my language. I find the changing length of days moving.Michael Metz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world is lots of little places. Most of them are "home" to someone and things are done there as they are remembered. It is a joy to hear of this one. It is a pleasure to have it seen through eyes I can see and hear of it in my language. I find the changing length of days moving.
Michael Metz

10:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home